What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Lynn commute at the Honda North Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Somersworth, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s a new car noise, an illuminated dash light, or if you need new spark plugs, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Honda North. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Danvers. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More from Honda North
While the 2019 Honda Civic is known for its versatility and safety, one of the most intriguing aspects of the Civic is customization. Starting with its exterior colors, consisting of several vibrant pearl-coat and metallic paints, Lynn and Newburyport shoppers can personalize the look of this sleek and sporty vehicle. Discover all of your color…
The 2019 Honda Civic carries on the reputation of the Civic as a safe and reliable vehicle. Discover the Honda Civic safety features and Civic safety ratings below, and then try them for yourself at Honda North. View Civic Inventory NHTSA Safety Ratings for the 2019 Honda Civic The 2019 Honda Civic 4 Door FWD* has…
The 2019 Honda Accord safety ratings soar, with experts from IIHS and NHTSA lavishing praise on Honda’s innovative, comprehensive safety technologies. See why Lynn drivers are trusting this sedan to protect all they hold dear. Learn More Accord Safety Ratings Earning the highest possible ratings from both the IIHS and NHTSA, the Honda Accord continues…