What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Lynn commute at the Honda North Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Somersworth, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s a new car noise, an illuminated dash light, or if you need new spark plugs, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Honda North. Take a look at additional service guides such as how to check your transmission fluid and get back on the road. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Danvers. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs. You can also learn more about Honda features like the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
More from Honda North
The 2021 Honda CR-V SUV not only stands out on Lynn roads thanks to its incredible efficiency and versatility, but also its incredible towing power. So, how much can a Honda CR-V tow? When properly equipped, the 2021 Honda CR-V towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds to deliver reliable assistance whenever you need…
If you’re like most of our Lynn customers, you don’t want to empty your bank account to fill up your gas tank. Who does? Honda knows that, which is why the 2020 Honda Civic fuel economy is so impressive. You won’t have to worry about going broke at the pump, no matter which Honda Civic…
Don’t let the sleek, sophisticated looks of the new Honda Pilot fool you. This beautiful SUV is not just for commuting. The Pilot is built to play as hard as you do. That means it can handle towing your boat or ATVs all over the Lynn area on the weekend. How much can a Honda…