What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Lynn commute at the Honda North Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Somersworth, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s a new car noise, an illuminated dash light, or if you need new spark plugs, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Honda North. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Danvers. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs. You can also learn more about Honda features like the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
More from Honda North
The 2020 Honda HR-V configurations consist of five distinct trim levels to deliver the proper performance and features you need to keep moving on Lynn roads. Among the Honda HR-V trim levels, you can choose between the LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Touring options where you’ll find some consistent features along with touches that make…
The top of many families’ SUV shopping list is the new Honda Pilot, known for its impressive safety and sensing systems, acclaimed durability, and comfortable interior. Add to those the 2021 Honda Pilot cargo space, and this SUV is a veritable pinnacle of design. Within the Pilot interior, you’ll find room for softball equipment for…
Aside from its incredible performance and fuel efficiency, the 2020 Honda Accord also comes packed with an interior that continues to wow Lynn drivers. As you step inside the Accord, you’ll have access to hands-free connectivity, luxury amenities, adjustable seating, and more cabin space in this updated Honda sedan. Take a closer look at the…