What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Lynn commute at the Honda North Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Somersworth, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s a new car noise, an illuminated dash light, or if you need new spark plugs, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Honda North. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Danvers. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs. You can also learn more about Honda features like the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
More from Honda North
The Honda Accord is no stranger to the roads of Lynn and Newburyport, and customers love the reliable performance and excellent safety scores of the latest stylish model. While choosing to buy an Accord is easy, choosing between the six 2020 Honda Accord trim levels can be hard. From the affordable Accord LX with Honda…
If you want to feel safe whether you’re driving around the Lynn and Newburyport area or hitting the open road, then the 2020 Honda Accord Sedan safety ratings are sure to impress. The Accord Sedan is not only receiving praise from top auto safety organizations, but also enabling drivers to feel more safe behind the…
Honda has been known to design some of the best and most reliable sedans on the market and they have once again outdone themselves with the new Honda Accord. But don’t take our word for it – the critics have spoken, and the Honda Accord reviews are singing praise for this newly updated model. Read…