How to Install a Car Battery
Taking care of DIY car tasks can be a rewarding experience and give you the opportunity to keep an eye on the state of your vehicle. When a slow functioning or dead battery interrupts your Lynn commute, learning how to install a car battery is a relatively simple task, but it should be handled with care. Explore the proper battery installation steps below, and if you’re searching, “car battery installation near me,” turn to the certified technicians at the Honda North service center
. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us
Car Battery Installation
It’s important to make sure you have the proper tools before learning how to install a car battery. On top of thick rubber gloves to protect your hands, you’ll need wrenches, a battery cleaning solution, a new battery, wire brush, pliers, and anti-corrosion spray. You should also take care when moving the battery to avoid spilling battery acid. Then, start the installation process by following these steps:
- Make sure your engine is off and your parking brake is activated. Then, pop the hood to locate your battery. Start loosening the nut connecting the black cable (negative) to the battery with a wrench.
- After you’ve loosened the nut, twist and pull off the cable. Don’t try to use a screwdriver or other tool to pry the cable off if it’s stuck. It might end up causing more damage.
- Repeat the previous steps to remove the red battery cable (positive).
- Loosen and remove the battery hold-down clamp that prevents the battery from moving in its compartment.
- Carefully lift the battery from its compartment. Be sure to use both hands as the battery is heavy and can have an unsafe leak.
- If there’s any corrosion in the battery tray or on the hold-down clamp, use a baking soda and water solution or battery cleaning product to remove the corrosion.
- Use the solution and a wire brush to clean any corrosion from the battery sable connectors.
- Once cleaned, take the new battery, place it in the battery tray, and tighten the hold-down clamp.
- For extra corrosion protection and to extend the battery life, use the anti-corrosion solution on the positive and negative terminals before connecting.
- Reconnect the battery cables to their correct terminals by first connecting the red cable, then the black cable.
- Make sure the battery is secure in its try by double-checking that the connections aren’t loose.
- You’re ready to get back to your Burlington-area commutes. If you’re still searching, “car battery installation near me,” schedule service online at Honda North.
Visit Honda North for your Battery Needs!
When you’re looking for a “car battery installation near me” or other vehicle services, trust the certified technicians in the Honda North service center. On top of keeping you informed with our growing list of service tips and tricks, our technicians use Honda OEM parts, convenient parts ordering, and service and parts specials to provide you with reliable service around Lawrence. Our team can also provide more details on how much you can expect to pay for a car replacement battery.
More from Honda North
Along with great fuel savings, a Honda sedan should provide a host of capabilities for your Lynn and Burlington travels, and that’s what you’ll find and more with the new 2022 Honda Civic interior features. Sporting expanded interior space to ensure plenty of seating and storage, as well as advanced convenience and technology, this Honda…
If you’re looking to get behind the wheel of a new sedan, then you’ll love what you’ll find in the new 2022 Honda Accord interior delivers to your Lynn commute. This impressive iteration of the brand’s top sedan provides enhanced technology and convenience along with ample cabin space you need to get more done around…
If you’re in need of a trusted sedan to improve your Lynn and Burlington commute, then you’ll find a range of great models all in one lineup with the new 2022 Honda Accord trim levels. Delivering seven configurations that feature Honda’s signature fuel savings along with a packed interior with plenty of connectivity, comfort,…