What are the 2020 Honda HR-V Safety Ratings?
From Lynn to Newburyport, Ipswich area drivers know that Honda safety is among the very best in the auto industry today. Honda sets the standard with innovative technology and state-of-the-art features, and you can look at the 2020 Honda HR-V safety ratings as a shining example. This popular SUV has earned strong safety ratings from top automotive organizations, not to mention the praise of both customers and critics around the world. Let’s take a look at exactly how Honda safety enhances your daily drives.
Honda HR-V Safety Ratings from Top Critics
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The Honda HR-V earned the following safety ratings from the NHTSA*
- Overall Crash Safety Rating: 5 out of 5 stars*
- Frontal Crash Rating: 4 out of 5 stars*
- Side-Crash Rating: 5 out of 5 stars*
- Rollover Crash Rating: 4 out of 5 stars*
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Drivers will also have peace of mind thanks to the Honda HR-V safety ratings given out by the IIHS** where it received a “good” rating in the following tests:
- Small Overlap Front: Driver Side**
- Small Overlap Front: Passenger Side**
- Moderate Overlap Front**
- Roof Strength**
- Head Restraints and Seats**
Honda HR-V Safety Features
Honda safety works on multiple levels to create the most protected driving experience possible. From its durable frame to driver assistive technology, Honda utilizes both active and passive features to keep you safe on any terrain. Take a look at just some of the Honda safety features you’ll find on the HR-V configurations:
- Hill Start Assist
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Forward Collision Warning
Honda HR-V Safety Technology
One of the reasons for the stellar 2020 Honda HR-V safety ratings is the wealth of smart features onboard. Here are just a few of our favorite highlights of Honda safety:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: This smart feature delivers normal, top-down, and wide camera views of your surroundings to keep you up-to-date at all times.
- Honda LaneWatch™: Flip on your turn signal and Honda LaneWatch™ will kick into gear, bringing up a picture of your passenger side and blind spot to help you see the road clearly.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®): Offered with Traction Control, this standard feature monitors your performance for understeering and oversteering to correct your steering on the fly.
- Available All-Wheel Drive (AWD): Blending an innovative all-wheel drive system with Intelligent Control System™, your SUV can sense the precise moment when traction is lost – delivering extra torque instantly to boost performance.
Learn More with Honda North
More From Honda North
The 2021 Honda CR-V SUV not only stands out on Lynn roads thanks to its incredible efficiency and versatility, but also its incredible towing power. So, how much can a Honda CR-V tow? When properly equipped, the 2021 Honda CR-V towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds to deliver reliable assistance whenever you need…
If you’re like most of our Lynn customers, you don’t want to empty your bank account to fill up your gas tank. Who does? Honda knows that, which is why the 2020 Honda Civic fuel economy is so impressive. You won’t have to worry about going broke at the pump, no matter which Honda Civic…
Don’t let the sleek, sophisticated looks of the new Honda Pilot fool you. This beautiful SUV is not just for commuting. The Pilot is built to play as hard as you do. That means it can handle towing your boat or ATVs all over the Lynn area on the weekend. How much can a Honda…
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.