2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings
Lynn drivers looking for an efficient SUV to keep them and their families protected turn to the incredible new Honda lineup, where the new Honda CR-V consistently ranks as a crowd and critic favorite. With a wealth of accolades and praises, the 2020 Honda CR-V safety ratings from some of the automotive industry’s top safety organizations place this crossover as a family-centered vehicle with plenty of charm. Read on with the Honda North specialists to take a closer look at what the automotive experts say and the intrinsic safety equipment and technology that takes the CR-V to a new level.
Honda CR-V Standard Safety Features
To start, we’ve outlined some of the innovative features that the Honda CR-V offers to help keep drivers alert and protected on Newburyport travels:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
At even higher trim levels, you’ll also have access to the Honda Sensing® suite, discussed below.
At the CR-V EX trim or higher, you’ll have even more safety features with Honda Sensing®. Safety and driver assist technology adds to the resilient frame and engineered capabilities that come standard with your Honda CR-V. This suite includes:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
To understand how this impressive system truly shines, compare Honda Sensing® vs. Toyota Safety Sense, or stop by to talk with one of our service center specialists today!
IIHS 2020 CR-V Ratings
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety grades vehicles in terms of Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance Mitigation. “Good” is the best possible rating for categories such as Crashworthiness, Headlights, and Child Seat Anchors categories. See below for all the individual grades:
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)*
- Headlights: Acceptable*
- Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable*
NHTSA 2020 CR-V Ratings
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration rates vehicle safety out of a 5-star scale in four main categories. See below how the NHTSA rated the 2020 Honda CR-V LX FWD:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
The Safety of the Honda CR-V Available in Danvers
When you take a test drive at Honda North, the exceptional quality and innovation of the Honda CR-V is sure to redefine your sense of safety. Take a short trip from Ipswich to experience the CR-V in person, and take a look at its bigger sibling, the Honda HR-V, for a higher-capacity crossover. You can even take a closer look at the CR-V dimensions, or see how it holds up against other models like the Nissan Rogue. Contact us to learn more about all of the Honda lineup, or simply stop by %%di_city to talk further with one of our specialists.
*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.